Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: True Blood and Weeds

  1. #1
    Inactive Member dmike2009's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 24th, 2009
    Posts
    74
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    True Blood and Weeds

    Does anyone follow these programs? Haven't missed one episode of either, much better than anything on "regular TV". This season rocks for both shows. Looking for replies and comments from fans of either show, or both.

    Peace

  2. #2
    Inactive Member LCAS_712's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 20th, 2006
    Location
    Coeburn VA / Harrogate TN
    Posts
    977
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: True Blood and Weeds

    I havent heard of both. What channel do they come on. HBO?
    [img]http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg277/cfd_1623/l_718884585b96167d3016bd636fbe24c0.gif[/img]

  3. #3
    Inactive Member CoeburnCane's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 24th, 2004
    Posts
    4,931
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: True Blood and Weeds

    I've never missed an episode of True Blood--great series, one of the best I've seen on premium cable TV.

    I've never watched a single episode of Weeds. I tried to watch an episode once in the 2nd season and didn't really like it--changed it within about 10 minutes.

    Other great shows out there are Californication & The Tudors. Both really good series.
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/miami-med.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/nohokie-med.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/Funny/owmyballs.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]

  4. #4
    Inactive Member burton2019's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 8th, 2004
    Posts
    7,723
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: True Blood and Weeds

    weeds ftw

  5. #5
    Inactive Member dmike2009's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 24th, 2009
    Posts
    74
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: True Blood and Weeds

    Quote Originally Posted by LCAS_712 View Post
    I havent heard of both. What channel do they come on. HBO?
    True Blood comes on HBO sundays at 9. Its about vampires making their existence known to the world and demanding equal rights. Kinda like the civil rights movement in 60's. and Gay rights issues today. the "mainstreamers" are vamps that don't kill, live amoung the living and drink a synthetic blood, called "tru Blood" it is TV at its best, extrememly well written and acted. Based on Charlaine Harris' "southern vampire book series"

    Weeds comes on Shotime Mondays at 10pm, Started out about L.A. Suburb widow, selling weed so she and her family can enjoy the standard of living thyey did before her husband died. Its in its 5th season and has won a ton of emmy and cable awards. Weeds has just been picked up seasons 6 and 7. It will be kinda hard to follow at this point without knowing anything about the first 4 seasons
    I know a little bit about a lot and a lot about a little bit. Don't know everything, don't claim to. Like to talk, like to argue and debate, hate to fight. Might offend some, don't take it personally. :cool:

  6. #6
    Inactive Member dmike2009's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 24th, 2009
    Posts
    74
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: True Blood and Weeds

    sneak peeks are available at Showtime Official Site :: Video :: Series
    I know a little bit about a lot and a lot about a little bit. Don't know everything, don't claim to. Like to talk, like to argue and debate, hate to fight. Might offend some, don't take it personally. :cool:

  7. #7
    Inactive Member MikeJones's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 8th, 2007
    Posts
    3,888
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: True Blood and Weeds

    I like TrueBlood Watch every episode last yr. Dont have HBO now. The Acting is horrible at some points but It's a good show
    GO VOLS

  8. #8
    Inactive Member starbuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 20th, 2004
    Posts
    5,852
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: True Blood and Weeds

    I thought about renting true blood but I kind of caught a summary of season 1 and it just looked like a soap, days of our lives with vampires or something???? that was my impression, am I way off?
    [IMG]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg[/IMG] [URL="http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg"] [/URL]

  9. #9
    Inactive Member dmike2009's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 24th, 2009
    Posts
    74
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: True Blood and Weeds

    yeah, season one has a serial killer who is killing "fang bangers" (women who sleep with vampires) it has very funny parts, some scary scenes, and a lot of issues that stray from the norm, drinking, drugs, fighting, and the show is also very "erotic" if you like vampire books, movies, or legend but with a totaly modern spin, give season 1 a try. To me its the best new show in years, and coming in september on SHOtime, thne new season of Dexter ( for those of you who have never seen it) Its about a crime scene forensic patholgist, who is a serial killer, who only kills people who deserve it, child killers and such. But since he works for the other side, he leaves no trace of the killings. This one is a great one, think CSI Miami with a morbid spin
    I know a little bit about a lot and a lot about a little bit. Don't know everything, don't claim to. Like to talk, like to argue and debate, hate to fight. Might offend some, don't take it personally. :cool:

  10. #10
    Inactive Member dmike2009's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 24th, 2009
    Posts
    74
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: True Blood and Weeds

    Current episode of weeds is being replayed on Sho right now 930pm. This was a very funny and somewhat revealing episode, for a quick synopsis see my blog
    I know a little bit about a lot and a lot about a little bit. Don't know everything, don't claim to. Like to talk, like to argue and debate, hate to fight. Might offend some, don't take it personally. :cool:

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •